Sunday 9 October 2016

Taupo Quiltmakers Exhibition

For my oversea's readers, Taupo (Town) is in the centre of the North Island of New Zealand.  Taupo Quiltmakers held their bia-annual exhibition at the beginning of this month.  It was a great honour to be invited as guest exhibitor, to judge their challenge and to speak at their club evening. 

Here are a few of my photos from their exhibition.  I was impressed with the amount of hand quilting and hand applique work.

Farmers Wife by Heather Hanrahan

Flower Power by Fiona Hussey

Made by Dulcie McClintock


Heather on the Moor by Debra Munro

Jacobs Ladder scrap quilt by Lynley Paine

As this quilt was so high up I was unable to read the quilt name made by Yoko Saito.
The applique and quilting on this quilt was beautiful.


Korowai by Julie Brunton

Lilies made by Margaret Boyt

Moody Blues & Aqua Hues by Cris Cunningham

Naomi's Quilt by Diane Pilbrow

New York Metallica by Karol Rose

String of Pearls by Peggy White

Triangle Pursuit by Julie Brunton

View of the Sea by Wendy Hilhorst
 
My quilts exhibited at Taupo Quiltmakers Exhibition.
 
Once again a big thank you to Christine Beavis and the Taupo Quiltmakers for making me feel so welcome and looking after me.  
 Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls