Saturday 3 October 2015

Stacking Bowtie - todays class

We only had a small class at Sawmillers Quiltery today - however it was a very productive one.
This is a technique class and from this, the participants can either make a cushion, bag or include it as a block in a quilt.

Wanda's block

Linda's block

Anne's block

 
Before quilting if you are unsure which thread to use I always audition my threads.
Unwind the thread and lay it onto the quilt top. Thread always appears darker on the reel. In this case (yes a little hard to see) the rust was the winner.  The blues were to controlling and Linda wanted a subtle look.

This will be the back to Linda's cushion.  By moving her square ruler, she trimmed her fabric so that the center point is now off center.   I think this adds interest.

Side profile of Linda's block.  Very 3d and tactile.
Great class.  I am looking forward to my next stacking bowtie class at Krazy Cow next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls