Sunday 18 January 2015

Exhibition NZ Quilt Symposium continued.

Ode to Tron by Sue Pope Hamilton.  Amateur first in the Less is More catagory.  Inspiring.
Close up. Very clever.
Minton by Judith Briant - Convenors Award.  I liked the play with colour and light in this piece.
This quilt is in the No Place Like Home - Amateur catagory.
Awhi Te Tamaiti/Embrace the child by Linda Warner.  Linda's use of embellishments is fun.  check out the  following three close up photographs.
A view from my window by Donna Bradley.  Again the use of embelishment caught my eye.  Close up below.
Conquering Christchurch by Sophie Wood.  For those of you reading my blog from outside of New Zealand, Christchurch is one of our major South Island cities that has suffered multiple earthquakes.  This quilt won the Amateur First award in the No Place like Home catagory.
Check out the close up below.
I just love Lee-Ann Newtons quilts. Juvenile Delinquent - To be Green or not to be, is that not the Question?  Very cool and very clever.
Myth by Luchelle Cottrell.  If anything - a quilt that talks to you can also motivate you.  This quilt gently reminded me that I havent made a collage quilt for a very long time.  Its now on my 2015 todo list.  Thank you Luchelle.
The orange by Camilla Watson.  Another one of my favourite quilters.  Just so clever and beautiful.
Fragility: Kina at Rangiputa by Mathea Daunheimer.  Wow.  First in the No Place like Home professional catagory.  

Im now of to the symposium.  Im an "angel" in a class. .
More on the exhibtion tomorrow.

Shirls



 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comment. Dont' be shy, please write me a few words. Shirls